FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Ship’s Manager
The San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to maritime preservation and education, seeks a part-time Visitor Service Assistant for our museum box office. The box office is located at Pier 45 at the end of Taylor Street in the heart of Fishermen’s Wharf.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Opening and closing the box office to the public.
- Providing prompt and polite customer service to visitors.
- Learning the history of the World War II vessels on display at Pier 45.
- Operating Point of Sale system.
- Organizing and maintaining service desk materials.
- Handling cash and credit transactions.
- Responsible for completing end of shift transaction report.
- Conduct basic maintenance of the museum space such as sweeping floors, washing windows, dusting artifacts and panels.
- Supporting special events held inside the museum space.
- Any other duties assigned by the Managing Director, Assistant Ship’s Manager, or Lead Deckhand.
- High School Diploma.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Mandarin Chinese or Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Weekend shifts (Saturday & Sunday) are required.
- Must be organized and a self-starter.
- Must have previous experience in sales and cash handling.
- Mindset for learning maritime history of World War II.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com