Development and Outreach Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION: Flexible hours/20 – 30 hrs per week
The Development and Outreach Manager’s primary function is to increase awareness and membership through recruitment and retention programs. This position also is responsible for cultivating relationships with current members and donors, renewing expiring memberships, develop and maintain member and donor lists. Proactively update website information and promote presence on social media. Develop and manage a light schedule of membership events and programs.
- Manage Bloomerang database, prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Manage Constant Contact records for stewardship of donors and cultivation of prospects.
- Promote SFMNPA’s membership program.
- Market SFMNPA’s services and facilities on social media.
- Update marketing and communications database.
- Update website with current information about membership and events.
- Develop statistical and activity reports relating to marketing and social media communications.
- Create electronic marketing materials, including newsletter, invitations, etc.
- Prepare correspondence, communications, and presentations.
- Organize and run members and other public program event.
- Assist with annual gala.
- Provide excellent customer service for members, donors, and the public.
- Assist CEO as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the SFMNPA.
- Two to five years of experience in marketing, public relations, communications or high-level customer service.
- Experience with nonprofit membership organization or outreach preferred
- Event planning experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Three to five years database experience, Bloomerang, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Highly organized with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Constant Contact.
- Graphics experience a plus.
- Ability to work in collaborative work environment.
- Proven ability to problem solve and anticipate
- Ability to research information and data.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible at all times.
- Ability to work some off hours.
Salary and Benefits
Contract or part-time position.
Please send resume and cover letter to Darlene Plumtree at email@example.com