UNITED STATES NAVY TORPEDOES
MARK 13 AND MARK 13 MODIFICATION 1 AND 2
Naval Torpedo Station,
Newport, Rhode Island,
27 August 1942.
1. This publication contains a. complete description and
instructions for the disassembly, assembly, adjustments, tests and operation of the Mark 13 and Mark 13 Modification 1 and 2 United States Navy Torpedo, together with Bureau of Ordnance circular letters T-145. T-150, T-155, T-162, T-165, T-173, T-2-42.
2. This publication is in accordance with Bureau of Ordnance
letter A7-3(Mna) of 6 July 1942, and R.P.M. 1554 classified as RESTRICTED.
3. Instructions for preliminary and final adjustments as outlined in Chapter IX, and for complete overhaul of torpedo as outlined in Chapter X, are prepared with the steps in the proper sequence and compliance with these instructions will place the torpedo in a fully ready condition.
4. Suggestions and reports of errors should be forwarded
to the Inspector of Ordnance in Charge, Naval Torpedo Station, Newport, Rhode Island.
5. This publication supersedes Ord. 629.
6. This publication is issued by the United States Naval
Torpedo Station, Newport, Rhode Island.
F. H. Roberts
Captain, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Inspector of Ordnance in Charge